American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Owning land: the landed gentry.
- adj. Consisting of land or real estate: landed property.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having possessions in land: as, the landed gentry; a landed proprietor.
- Consisting in real estate or land: as, landed security.
- The interest or combined influence of the great body of landowners in a state or nation.
- adj. In possession of land.
- adj. Consisting of land, especially with a single owner.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of land.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having an estate in land.
- adj. Consisting in real estate or land
- adj. owning or consisting of land or real estate
- land (“real estate”) + -ed (Wiktionary)
“-- when they went out together in Lake Rosseau and Kernin landed a perfect monster, a regular corker, five pounds and a half, they said; or no, I don't think he _landed_ him.”
“A person using a passport bearing his name landed in Moscow and local authorities there, including an NYPD detective stationed in Eastern Europe, were working to locate him and ascertain his identity, the official said.”
“Such conditions might not happen again in a thousand days or ten thousand days, but the one day it had happened had been the day he landed from the NARI for several hours 'collecting.”
“Tracey, Stephen, Timothy and Kevin landed in the bottom, and although Stephen's bacon-wrapped Chilean seabass effort was universally panned (Waxman called it "inedible") and horribly executed, Tracey went home for her over-fenneled, sloppy, poorly-cooked italian sausage 'sliders' that Jonathan Waxman claimed his son could make, and that Colicchio said would be insulting to Italians, and therefore himself.”
“Earlier Thursday, planes carrying teams from China, France and Spain landed at Port-au-Prince's airport with searchers and tons of food, medicine and other supplies — with more promised from around the globe.”
“For a week, ever since I had landed from the tiny coasting-steamer, I had been stopping with Cudworth, and during that time no wind had ruffled that unvexed sea.”
“White Fang landed from the steamer in San Francisco.”
“Alexei Grishin landed his final jumps to help Belarus win its first gold medal of the Vancouver Olympics.”
“For the IDF not to have EXPECTED this sort of attack as soon as the first commando landed is tragic, and perhaps typical.”
“Sarah Palin landed herself a job as contributor on Fox News Channel.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘landed’.
how land is used
A list of terms for land, landholdings, or words that contain the string -land-.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
bumwank, calamity, recalcitrant, gayenese, jeeze, nonsense, flabbergasted, juxtapose, procrastinating, ossanity, biffing, loser and 1972 more...
words related to the peerage; not limited to titles.
Looking for tweets for landed.