from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who lives or works on land, as opposed to a seaman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who lives or serves on land; -- opposed to
- n. An occupier of land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who lives or serves on land: opposed to seaman.
- n. In English law, a tenant or occupant of land; a terre-tenant.
- n. A farmer or countryman.
- n. A landowner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who lives and works on land
land + -man (Wiktionary)