from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A layman or a laywoman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who is not a cleric
- n. one who is not formally trained in a given subject or profession
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person; a layman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person
Sorry, no etymologies found.