from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book or list of lections to be read at church services during the year.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book or listing that contains a collection of readings for Christian worship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book, or a list, of lections, for reading in divine service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book for use in religious worship, containing portions of Scripture to be read for particular days: same as epistolary.
- n. A table of lessons or portions of Scripture for particular days.
Medieval Latin lēctiōnārium, from Latin lēctiō, lēctiōn-, a reading; see lesson.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)