American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Leather shorts, often with suspenders, worn by men and boys, especially in Bavaria.
- n. knee-breeches made of leather
- n. leather shorts often worn with suspenders; worn especially by men and boys in Bavaria
- Borrowing from German Lederhose. The -n at the end of the singular nominative is a feature of the Bavarian dialect. (Wiktionary)
- German, from Middle High German lederhose : leder, leather (from Old High German ledar) + hose, trousers (from Old High German hosa). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Critics say the Wiesn has warped from a quaint Volksfest into a cultural wasteland: women in lederhosen, the occasional man in a dirndl, and celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton flaunting designer renditions that cost thousands of dollars.”
“Mr. ROCCA: Putting the led in lederhosen, in other words.”
“He said he did it "for love," but he knew he looked great in lederhosen, Wendy said.”
“Steve from Scary Toy Clown submits his post following the path of bright orange novelty lederhosen from the Bavarian Beer company which have now shown up as the main game piece in a Chinese board game with an amusingly violent commercial.”
“As the child grows older, it dresses in lederhosen and has a pudding bowl haircut, but all its basic functions develop normally.”
“Does the book about Germany explore the first half of the last century, or does it just have nice pictures of people dancing in lederhosen at the hofbrau?”
“I have visions of young Germans in lederhosen with their water bottles and sausages hiking around Lake Chapala, singing patriotic songs and putting up directional signs destined to become easels for young Mexican grafitti artists who will obscure whatever useless messages were printed thereon to begin with.”
“I would be sitting here in lederhosen eating cold wurst as we speak.”
“Boys wore leather shorts called lederhosen and girls wore dresses called dirndls.”
“Billed as “the busiest German band in Texas,” the group also includes four dancers dressed in lederhosen, dirndl, and knee socks.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lederhosen’.
These are all the words I LOVE! Some are real, some are made up, some are different languages. But I love em' all just the same!
I've no idea where I got this page full of words, but whatever it is, I want to find it again. May have duplicate words from other lists.
Master Rahl guide us.
Master Rahl teach us.
Master Rahl protect us.
In your light we thrive.
In your mercy we are sheltered.
In your wisdom we are humbled.
Anything worn from the waist down.
need to learn these words!!!!!!!!
Looking for tweets for lederhosen.