from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The dried and bleached straw of an Italian variety of wheat.
- n. A plaited fabric made from this straw.
- n. A hat made from this fabric.
- n. Any of a breed of small, hardy domestic fowl of Mediterranean origin, noted for prolific production of eggs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of dried wheat straw, fabric made from it, or a hat made from that fabric.
- n. A member of a breed of chickens.
After Leghorn .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)