American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal A movement that seeks to achieve equal rights for a group; liberation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To castrate.
- n. A basket.
- n. An abbreviation of liber, 2.
- An abbreviation of librarian;
- of library;
- of the Latin libra, pound.
- abbr. liberal
- abbr. liberation
- abbr. library
- n. Scotland A potion; magic potion; charm.
- v. transitive, Northern England, Scotland To geld; castrate; emasculate (usually said of animals).
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To castrate.
- From Middle English libbe, from Old English lybb ("medicine, drug, potion, poison, charm"), from Proto-Germanic *lubjan (“wort, herb, drug, poison”), from Proto-Indo-European *lewbʰ-, *lewb- (“to peel, break, damage”), from Proto-Indo-European *lew- (“to cut, remove, prune, separate”). Cognate with German Luppe, Lüppe ("salve, ointment, plant juice, medicine, magic"), Icelandic lyf ("medicine, drug"). (Wiktionary)
“Since that period and in the tide of French principles (for I will not proftltute the term lib* erty) other regulations have taken place which clearly fhevv of what avail our certificates of naturalization or our protection to foreigners would have been, had thst nation been able to keep: any thing like a fleet at fea.”
“However, I think you might fall in the category of those who believe that both parties are corrupt beyond redemption … what makes us wary were the warning signs … such as your screenname (lib is a common term of “endearment” that conservatives and teabaggers use)”
“So what you feel trumps my facts that are based solely on her own words, how lib is that!”
“That all depends on which lib is writing the history book.”
“Look at how the people who live in lib cities like Detroit, Washington DC, Chicago ETC have done with Decades of Democrats controlling their lives.”
“The modern day lib is a threat to every American who is not drunk off the mainstream media lib bot Obama koolaid.”
“Art Michaelson@ Speaking of bigots, are you saying (and since you are obviously a dope smokin 'lib you know you are) that republicans and people who watch FOX news are bigots?”
“Almost every lib is obsessed with calling someone a racist, their desire could be so easily met with a simple purchase of a mirror.”
“Why are the whacked out loony bin lib Dems, including Obama, so energized to protect the "rights" of illegal trespassers (including hyper-violent drug and people smugglers, murderers and rapists), and so adamant against defending the security of our borders and the safety of US citizens?”
“Katomar at 12 -- i noticed too; hopefully 'rick' is not using OUR taxpayer-funded working hours & computers to blog; could be a student, but i'm not sure they allow access to these web sites in lib retraining camps.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lib’.
Imagine my joy when I was wearing my calculator watch and was first introduced to someone named Leslie - there was exactly enough room on the display for 317537.14.
Edit: I've discove...
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
For those who wish no words were ever forgotten
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for lib.