from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The course of developmental changes through which an organism passes from its inception as a fertilized zygote to the mature state in which another zygote may be produced.
- n. A progression through a series of differing stages of development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the course of stages through which an organism passes from fertilized zygote until maturity, reproduction, and death
- n. the useful life of a product or system; the developmental history of an individual or group in society
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a series of stages through which an organism passes between recurrences of a primary stage
- n. the course of developmental changes in an organism from fertilized zygote to maturity when another zygote can be produced
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.