from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The course of developmental changes through which an organism passes from its inception as a fertilized zygote to the mature state in which another zygote may be produced.
- n. A progression through a series of differing stages of development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the course of stages through which an organism passes from fertilized zygote until maturity, reproduction, and death
- n. the useful life of a product or system; the developmental history of an individual or group in society
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a series of stages through which an organism passes between recurrences of a primary stage
- n. the course of developmental changes in an organism from fertilized zygote to maturity when another zygote can be produced
Sorry, no etymologies found.