from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A prisoner serving a life sentence.
- n. One who makes a career in one of the armed forces.
- n. Informal Slang A right-to-lifer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A prisoner sentenced to life in prison.
- n. A person who makes a career in the military.
- n. A bird species seen for the first time by a birder who is keeping a list of all the birds he or she has seen in their life time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who receives or has received a sentence of penal servitude for life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a prisoner serving a term of life imprisonment
Sorry, no etymologies found.