from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a kind of drawbridge, the movable part of which is lifted, instead of being drawn aside.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a bridge that can be raised to block passage or to allow boats or ships to pass beneath it


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.