from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The initial movement by which or the instant in which a rocket or other such craft commences flight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The point in the launch of a rocket or an aircraft where it leaves contact with the ground.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the initial ascent of a rocket from its launching pad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. depart from the ground
- n. the initial ascent of a rocket from its launching pad
Sorry, no etymologies found.