from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a light, delicate touch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not having a full complement of workers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not having a full complement of men.
- adj. having a metaphorically delicate touch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having light hands; soft, delicate, or dexterous in touch or manipulation.
- Having or bringing little in the hands: as, to come home light-handed.
- Insufficiently supplied with hands or assistants, as a ship or a factory; short-handed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a metaphorically delicate touch
Sorry, no etymologies found.