Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A photomechanical reproduction on metal, for relief-printing purposes, of an illustration drawn in outline, showing the object in its relation to white and black only.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a print obtained from a line drawing.
- n. a block that has been etched or engraved.
- n. engraving consisting of a block that has been etched or engraved
- n. a print obtained from a line drawing
“This was a period when, for Picasso, there seemed no barrier between the arts; he drifted easily from painting into painted sculpture, from the sketch and linecut into ceramics, from the immaculate intricacies of etching and lithography into the blunt silhouettes that he drew as examples for his grandchildren (even in these crudely simple profiles the degree to which he catches character is quite extraordinary).”
‘linecut’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for linecut.