from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling liver, especially in color.
- adj. Having a liver disorder; bilious.
- adj. Having a disagreeable disposition; irritable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not feeling well due to an upset digestive system; queasy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like liver in consistency or color.
- Having symptoms of a disordered liver; bilious.
- Hence Bad-tempered; irritable, as if having a disordered liver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suffering from or suggesting a liver disorder or gastric distress
- adj. irritable as if suffering from indigestion
liver + -ish (Wiktionary)