from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of lodge.
- adj. lying down; used of beasts of the chase, as couchant is used of beasts of prey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lying down; -- used of beasts of the chase, as
couchantis of beasts of prey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, represented as lying at rest upon the ground, as a buck, hart, hind, etc. Also harbored and couchant.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Katie still bears the scars of the day she was shot at close range by Wayne McDonald and pellets from his gun remain lodged in her leg.
Pakistani officials said Thursday that they had again lodged complaints with U.S. officials.
I think I have an actual piece of crispy pork skin lodged in my aorta, but it was worth it.
He tried to speak her name, but the word lodged in his throat.
Two bullets will remain lodged inside his body for life.
Microsoft is expected to review the charges and have a response within the next two months. failed court appeal by Microsoft last year against the original European antitrust ruling, the new charges are just some of the many charges anticipated - originally stemming from a complaint lodged from the Norwegian browser developer, Opera Software.
* Deliberately hum songs that will remain lodged in co-workers’ brains, such as” Feliz Navidad”, the Archies’” Sugar” or the Mr. Rogers theme song.
A frightening specter from David Brooks: “Perhaps, as my friend Daniel Casse notes, what the G.O.P. needs is Newt Gingrich’s brain lodged in Fred Thompson’s temperament.”
Once free, and out of Richard's reach, Narev bent and seized the hilt of the sword lodged in the Sister's back.
Perhaps remembering the advertisements is a sign their makers succeeded; perhaps the best they can do is to get a brand name lodged in someone's brain and hope that, when it comes to making choices, brand recognition will boost sales
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.