from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To lug or pull about.
- v. To daub; dirty.
- n. A confused heap; a throng or jumble, as of people or sounds.
- v. To hurry carelessly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A confused heap; a throng, as of persons; a jumble, as of sounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A confused throng; a crowd; a heap.
- n. A confusion; confused inarticulate sound or utterance; disturbance; tumult.
- To hurry carelessly.
- To lug; pull.
- To daub; dirty.
- n. In coal-mining, a tram or car fitted with a device for taking up the slack of the rope used in hauling the cars.
Of obscure origin. See lorry. (Wiktionary)
Welsh llwry precipitant. (Wiktionary)