American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various sharks of the family Lamnidae, including the great white shark, mako, and porbeagle, having a pointed snout, a nearly symmetrical tail, and a reputation for aggressiveness.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several kinds of sharks, as Isurus dekayi, or the porbeagle, Lamna cornubica. They have a forked tail like a mackerel, attain a length of l0 feet, and annoy fishermen by biting off their lines. See
- n. Any shark of the order Lamniformes, having two dorsal fins an anal fin, five gill slits and eyes without nictitating membrane
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) the porbeagle.
- n. fierce pelagic and oceanic sharks
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mackerel shark’.
about 330 species of sharks
about 450 species of rays and
Looking for tweets for mackerel shark.