from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mackerel shark (Lamna nasus) of temperate Atlantic waters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large pelagic predatory shark, Lamna nasus, of the Atlantic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of shark (Lamna cornubica), about eight feet long, having a pointed nose and a crescent-shaped tail; -- called also mackerel shark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any shark of the family Lamnidæ, and especially of the genus Lamna; a kind of tope or mackerel-shark.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. voracious pointed-nose shark of northern Atlantic and Pacific
Cornish porbugel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)