GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A popular dance music of Brazil, derived from the practices of the macumba religious cult.
- n. a Brazilian religious cult of African origin; combines voodoo elements with singing a chanting and dancing.
- n. Irish darling; -- an Irish term of address expressing affection.
- n. popular dance music of Brazil; derived from the practices of the macumba religious cult
- n. a Brazilian religious cult of African origin; combines voodoo elements with singing and chanting and dancing
- n. (Brazil) followers of a religious cult of African origin
“These spiritual items can be associated with Roman Catholicism and other practices like candomblÃ©, curanderismo, espiritismo, macumba and santerÃa, says Wiki.”
“These spiritual items can be associated with Roman Catholicism and other practices like candomblé, curanderismo, espiritismo, macumba and santería, says Wiki.”
“Everyone dresses in white on Reveillon, to honour the sea/macumba goddess, Iemãja”
“Indeed, it's our memory of Sarno's film, with its arousingly percussive score, that pointed out the inadequacy of MACUMBA SEXUAL's anemic and overly aerated synth score, which does nothing to communicate the power of Tara's effectively staged macumba rite or to resonate with any of the bizarre African nick-nacks adorning her desert lair.”
“Según el cónsul de Haití en Brasil, George Samuel Antoine, la culpa había sido de la macumba y de la raza: "O africano em si tem maldição.”
“According to Haiti's consul in Brazil, George Samuel Antoine, the fault lay with macumba, or African spiritism, and the race: "The African himself is damned.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘macumba’.
Words I've come across while reading and looked up in the dictionary.
'The Madwoman's Underclothes' book is a collection of writings by Germaine Greer from 1968 to 1985. The title refers to what she sees as being the media's obsession with her going bra-less. Warning...
While cleaning out some drawers today (28 September 2008), I found a list of words from Foucault's Pendulum that I'd written fifteen or twenty years ago. I'm adding some of them here, along with ot...
Looking for tweets for macumba.