from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made in accordance with particular instructions or requirements; custom-made.
- adj. Very suitable: a made-to-order job.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made for a specific individual, but not always to individual specifications.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. made specially for a specific purpose; -- of articles of manufacture. Contrasted with mass-produced, standard.
- adj. made or tailored to fit a specific person; -- of clothing. Contrasted with off-the-rack, ready-to-wear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. built for a particular individual
- adj. (of clothing) custom-made
Sorry, no etymologies found.