from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sports Of or relating to a major league: major-league baseball.
- adj. Informal Prominent or important: a major-league ballet company; a major-league decision.
- adj. Informal Impressive, as in extent or quantity: "a destination for major-league wooing” ( Bryan Miller).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or belonging to the professional level of a sport, particularly baseball in the United States.
- adj. By extension, high-level, significant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a major league.
- adj. Among the best or most important of its class.
Sorry, no etymologies found.