from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The doing of evil or harm; mischief.
- n. Harmful or evil nature or quality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. harmfulness or mischief
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Evil doing, esp. to others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being maleficent; the doing or producing of evil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. doing or causing evil
- n. the quality or nature of being harmful or evil
Latin maleficentia, from maleficus, malefic; see malefic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)