from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American fruit tree, Mammea americana.
- n. Its large fragrant fruit, with a thick tough ring surrounding bright yellow pulp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fruit tree of tropical America, belonging to the genus Mammea (Mammea Americana); also, its fruit, called the mammee apple. The latter is large, covered with a thick, tough ring, and contains a bright yellow pulp of a pleasant taste and fragrant scent. It is often called mammee apple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Mammea Americana, or its fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. globular or ovoid tropical fruit with thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh
- n. brown oval fruit flesh makes excellent sherbet
- n. tropical American tree having wood like mahogany and sweet edible egg-shaped fruit; in some classifications placed in the genus Calocarpum
- n. tropical American tree having edible fruit with a leathery rind
Haitian mamey. (Wiktionary)