from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large fierce baboon (Papio sphinx syn. Mandrillus sphinx) of western Africa, having a beard, crest, and mane and brilliant blue, purple, and scarlet facial markings in the adult male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A primate, Mandrillus sphinx, recognized by its colorful face and rump
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large West African baboon (Papio sphinx syn. Mandrillus sphinx, formerly Cynocephalus mormon syn. Papio mormon). The adult male has, on the sides of the nose, large, naked, grooved swellings, conspicuously striped with blue and red. It is an endangered species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of baboon; the great blue-faced or rib-nosed baboon; the hog-ape, Cynocephalus maimon or mormon, the largest and most formidable, ferocious, and hideous of baboons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. baboon of west Africa with a bright red and blue muzzle and blue hindquarters
man + drill4.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)