from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt containing manganese in its anion, especially a salt containing the MnO4 radical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any compound containing the manganate ion, MnO42-.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of manganic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of manganic acid with a base. Also manganesate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt of manganic acid containing manganese as its anion
mangan(ese) + -ate2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)