from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. primal substance of the Universe
- n. Homage.
- n. Vassals collectively; the supply of men a lord can called upon in time of warfare.
- n. The position of leader among fighting men; the conduct (of an army).
- n. Carnal intercourse.
- n. The solemn undertaking to be one's faithful supporter, and the obligation so constituted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Homage or service rendered to a superior, as to a lord; vassalage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Personal service or attendance; homage.
From Middle English manred, manrede, from Old English manrǣden ("dependence, homage, service, tribute, due"), equivalent to man + -red. (Wiktionary)