from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a matron of; to make matron-like.
- v. To act the part of a matron toward; to superintend or chaperone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make a matron of; to make matronlike.
- transitive v. To act the part of a matron toward; to superintend; to chaperone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render matronly.
- To act as a mother to; assume the manner of a matron toward; specifically, to chaperon.
- Also spelled matronise.
matron + -ize (Wiktionary)