from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of maw-worm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any intestinal worm found in the stomach, esp. the common round worm (Ascaris lumbricoides), and allied species.
- n. One of the larvæ of botflies of horses; a bot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An intestinal worm which may be found in the stomach, as a pin-worm or threadworm, such as Oxyuris vermicularis.
- n. A man who resembles Mawworm, a character in Bickerstaffe's play “The Hypocrite,” 1769; a hypocritical pretender to sanctity.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.