from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants that bloom in May.
- n. See trailing arbutus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several plants that flower in May - especially the hawthorn (in Britain) and the trailing arbutus (in the US).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. In England, the hawthorn; in New England, the trailing arbutus (see arbutus); also, the blossom of these plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. low-growing evergreen shrub of eastern North America with leathery leaves and clusters of fragrant pink or white flowers
- n. the ship in which the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from England to Massachusetts in 1620
Sorry, no etymologies found.