from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To measure absolutely the height, lattitude and longitude of a point on the earth.
- v. To measure accurately and precisely the position of an object. Not to be confused with refinement. USAGE "That JTAC does not have the capability to mensurate, that is only something that intel personnel do."
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To measure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To measure; ascertain the dimensions or quantity of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of
Steadily they smashed the mensurate battlements, in blackness beyond night and darkness without stars.
While we contemplate the magnificence of the universe, and mensurate the fitness and adaptation of one part to another, the small philosopher hangs upon a hair or creeps within a wrinkle, and cries out shrilly from his elevation that we are blind and superficial.
Telecommunica - send resumes to: Culinary AOS degree mensurate with experience.
In writing upon popular and public facts, popular documents and common fame may fairly be resorted to, provided the mode of stating the fact be com - mensurate with the proof relied on.
Heaven only knows whether I shall ever have another oppertunity or have the honour of again writing to you; be that as it may, my ardent wishes for your health and happiness will follow you in your retirement, and be com - mensurate with my existence in life.
These, being each com - mensurate with the other, will individually be a test for the adjustment of the remaining two.
This works out to about $12 billion a year-hardly a pricetag com mensurate with setting a GDP-based floor on military spending and adding tens of billions of dollars to annual defense budgets year after year, regardless of the level of military operations or the state of world affairs. [
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.