from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Parapsychological activities, such as telepathy and mind reading.
- n. The belief that some mental phenomena cannot be explained by physical laws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The doctrine that physical reality exists only because of the mind's awareness
- n. Activities such as mind reading, especially when used by performers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a doctrine that mind is the only true reality and that objects exist only as aspects of the mind's awareness.
- n. Any theory of psychology that accepts introspective data about the functioning of the mind as a valid object of study; contrasted to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mental activity or process.
- n. The metaphysical opinion that matter is a mode of mind or consciousness; the opposite of materialism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (philosophy) a doctrine that mind is the true reality and that objects exist only as aspects of the mind's awareness
Sorry, no etymologies found.