from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To treat with mercury (the metal).
- v. To be sprightly, fantastic, or capricious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To affect with mercury.
- transitive v. To treat with mercury; to expose to the vapor of mercury.
- intransitive v. To be sprightly, fantastic, or capricious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To be capricious or fantastic.
- To treat or impregnate with mercury, as by exposure to its vapor, or immersion in a chemical solution of it.
- In medicine, to affect with mercury, as the bodily system; bring under the influence of mercury. Also spelled mercurialise.
mercurial + -ize (Wiktionary)