from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a long bone that grows during development
- n. change of form; transformation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Change of form; transformation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Change of nature; transformation; metamorphosis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the growing part of a long bone between the diaphysis and the epiphysis
From Ancient Greek μετά (meta, "after") + Ancient Greek φύσις (phusis, "growth"). (Wiktionary)