from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Philosophical inquiry or theory supplementing the empirical science of psychology. Metapsychology deals with aspects of the mind that cannot be evaluated on the basis of objective or empirical evidence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The philosophical study of psychology and of the mind
- n. A set of principles governing Freudian psychology
- n. Study of how human experience forms, filters perception and shapes identity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A term formed on the analogy Of metaphysics to denote philosophical speculation regarding the mind, its origin, functions, etc., which is beyond the reach of verification by mental experience; metempirical psychology.
Sorry, no etymologies found.