from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abnormally small head
- n. A person suffering from microcephaly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In entomology: A South American genus of caraboid beetles, with about 6 species, having securiform terminal joints of both maxillary and labial palpi
- n. A genus of nemocerous dipterous insects of the family Chironomidæ.
- n. A genus of reptiles.
- n. [lowercase] In pathology: A microcephalic person
- n. Microcephaly.
- n. [lowercase] In teratology, a monster with a small, imperfect head or cranium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormally small head and underdeveloped brain
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Warmer waters bring the Atlantic cod Gadus morhua. and Ringed seal Phoca hispida and Greenland shark Somniosus microcephalus to the area.
_P. microcephalus, _ the Lemon-dab: scales small, smooth, and imbedded; skin slimy, head and mouth very small, colour yellowish brown with large round darker marks.
Rivers in the region harbor a unique relict fauna, including the endemic fish Anaecypris hispanica and Barbus microcephalus, both included in IUCN’s Red List of threatened species.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.