from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mathematics The point of a line segment or curvilinear arc that divides it into two parts of the same length.
- n. A position midway between two extremes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point equidistant between two extremes.
- n. A point which divides a line segment into two lines of equal length.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
Sorry, no etymologies found.