from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of mignonette.
- n. A size of type between nonpareil and minion, used in ornamental borders etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Small; delicate.
- n. A size of type between nonpareil and minion; -- used in ornamental borders, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Diminutive; delicate; dainty.
- n. In printing, a bastard body of type, measuring about 11¼ lines to the inch, smaller than minion and larger than nonpareil, in tended to be the equivalent of the French size “body six” of the Didot system: used by typefounders in the United States chiefly for combination borders planned on the Didot system.
Sorry, no etymologies found.