from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To turn or divert improperly; to misdirect.
- v. To derive erroneously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To turn or divert improperly; to misdirect.
- transitive v. To derive erroneously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divert from the proper course; mislead; misdirect.
- To err in deriving: as, to misderive a word.
mis- + derive (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.