Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rule or dominion of one who is mistress; authority exercised by a woman.
- n. Ladyship: a style of address, preceded by a possessive pronoun: as, your mistress-ship.
- n. obsolete Female rule or dominion.
- n. obsolete ladyship; a style of address, used with the personal pronoun.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Female rule or dominion.
- n. obsolete Ladyship, a style of address; -- with the personal pronoun.
- mistress + -ship (Wiktionary)
“Corney obeyed: in some strange, lovely way she had got the mistressship of his conscience as well as his heart.”
‘mistressship’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for mistressship.