American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Archaic A past participle of melt.
- adj. Made liquid by heat; melted: molten lead.
- adj. Made by melting and casting in a mold.
- adj. Brilliantly glowing, from or as if from intense heat: "A huge red bed of coals blazed and quivered with molten fury” ( Richard Wright).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Melted; in a state of fusion or solution: as, molten gold.
- Made or produced by means of melting.
- Having molted; being in the state of molting.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Melted; being in a state of fusion, esp. when the liquid state is produced by a high degree of heat.
- adj. Made by melting and casting the substance or metal of which the thing is formed.
- adj. reduced to liquid form by heating
“To resist the washout and soldering, die materials should have high hot hardness, good temper resistance, low solubility in molten aluminum and good oxidation resistance.”
“Ash from the process is captured in molten glass, producing an obsidian-like material that can be buried in landfills or used in construction materials.”
“Ok, let me get this straight, you were doing backstokes in molten lava to test that new diving suit and this beast came out of nowhere and swallowed you whole?”
“This invisible barrier forms so quickly that aluminum seems, even in molten form, to be an inert metal.”
“Their program would save and store captured solar energy in molten salt, the new solar plant will produce up to 500 megawatts of peak power — comparable to what a regular coal power plant can produce, only with no greenhouse gas emissions.”
“It sucked in molten rock through its slatted gills and shot it out in an arcing stream of hardening glass towards the meat icicles.”
“The basic idea is that uranium and existing lead separate when in molten lava.”
“I am unfortunately immersed in molten lava from an erupting volcano.”
“Preacher lady and the Jesus police start mumbling and beseeching G_d to strike me down and boil me in molten tar.”
“It was a time, too, when you saw your words stamped out in molten lead.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘molten’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words that relate to or describe metals.
or Yet Another Thing I Learned from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
These are adjectives formed (in Old or Middle English) by adding the suffix -en to a noun representing (in all...
Words used to create the names of Pokémon, which are usually portmanteaux.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
The stuff that fit its descript. so well you can almost taste it on your tongue or feel the sting against your skin.
Just fun words!
words i've taken a fancy to
Looking for tweets for molten.