from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Archaic A past participle of melt.
- adj. Made liquid by heat; melted: molten lead.
- adj. Made by melting and casting in a mold.
- adj. Brilliantly glowing, from or as if from intense heat: "A huge red bed of coals blazed and quivered with molten fury” ( Richard Wright).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Melted.
- adj. Made from molten substance.
- adj. Glowing red-hot.
- v. Past participle of melt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Melted; being in a state of fusion, esp. when the liquid state is produced by a high degree of heat.
- adj. Made by melting and casting the substance or metal of which the thing is formed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Melted; in a state of fusion or solution: as, molten gold.
- Made or produced by means of melting.
- Having molted; being in the state of molting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reduced to liquid form by heating
Sorry, no etymologies found.