from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, forming, or derived from a single clone: a monoclonal population of tumor cells.
- n. A monoclonal product, especially a monoclonal antibody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. genetically engineered from a single clone; used especially of a protein or antibody
- n. something produced from a single clone, especially a monoclonal antibody
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. forming or derived from a single clone
- n. any of a class of antibodies produced in the laboratory by a single clone of cells or a cell line and consisting of identical antibody molecules
mono- + clone + -al (Wiktionary)