from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cultivation of a single crop on a farm or in a region or country.
- n. A single, homogeneous culture without diversity or dissension.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the cultivation of a single crop
- n. a culture that lacks diversity
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cultivation of a single crop (on a farm or area or country)
mono- + culture (Wiktionary)