from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or exhibiting monogenesis.
- adj. Having a single host through the course of the life cycle.
- adj. Produced under a single set of continuing conditions. Used of soil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a single source, originating in one place at a single moment
- adj. of or pertaining to monogenesis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. One in genesis; resulting from one process of formation; -- used of a mountain range.
- adj. Relating to, or involving, monogenesis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to monogenesis.
- Of or relating to monogenism.
- In geology, being the result of one genetic process: applied by Dana to mountain-ranges.
- Having the whole life-history a single cycle, there being no alternation of generations, or, in parasitic forms, of hosts.
Sorry, no etymologies found.