American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Mathematics An algebraic expression consisting of only one term.
- n. Biology A taxonomic name consisting of a single word.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In algebra, consisting of only one term, and not of several added together.
- In zoology and botany, same as mononomial.
- n. In algebra, an expression or quantity consisting of a single term. See binomial. Also monome.
- adj. Relative to an algebraic expression consisting of one term.
- n. mathematics A single term consisting of a product of variables with positive integer exponents.
- n. mathematics A single term consisting of a product of numbers and variables with positive integer exponents.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Alg.) A single algebraic expression; that is, an expression unconnected with any other by the sign of addition, substraction, equality, or inequality.
- adj. (Alg.) Consisting of but a single term or expression.
- Syncopic form of mononomial. (Wiktionary)
- mon(o)- + (bin)omial. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A _monomial_ in algebra is a quantity which consists of a _single term_.”
“= 15-15t = 30 you then subtract the 15 that is on its own to eliminate the monomial.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘monomial’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
You know that feeling when you hear a word that you just want to roll it around in your mouth, experiment with it, find its edges and texture. Words that you want to clink around in a glass with so...
Looking for tweets for monomial.