from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A creature having only one foot.
- n. Botany A monopodium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or something with one foot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a fabulous tribe or race of Ethiopians having but one leg and foot.
- n. A monopodium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having but one foot.
- n. Any object supported on one foot only; specifically, one of a fabled race of men having but one leg.
- n. In botany, same as monopodium.
Late Latin monopodius, one-footed; see monopodium.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.