from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bearing fruit only once; monocarpic.
- adj. Laying a single egg; uniparous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing fruit but once; monocarpic.
- adj. Uniparous; laying a single egg.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, having only one at a birth; uniparous, as the human species usually is; laying but one egg before incubating, as sundry birds.
- In botany, bearing progeny (fruiting) only once, as in annuals or biennials: same as monocarpous. Also monotokous.
Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)