from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A catfish, Ameiurus natalis, native to the Mississippi Delta, especially the yellow bullhead
- n. A much larger catfish, Leptops olivaris.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See mud cat in the vocabulary.
- n. A large catfish (Pylodictus olivaris, formerly Leptops olivaris) of the central U. S. having a flattened head and projecting jaw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A catfish, Leptops olivaris. See Leptops, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flesh of scaleless food fish of the southern United States; often farmed
- n. large catfish of central United States having a flattened head and projecting jaw
mud + cat (Wiktionary)