from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to multiply or capable of multiplying or increasing.
- adj. Having to do with multiplication.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to multiplication.
- adj. Distributive over multiplication.
- adj. Having multiplication as an operator.
- n. A grammatical adverbial case in Finnish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to multiply; having the power to multiply, or incease numbers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to multiply or increase; having the power to multiply numbers.
- A numeral adjective describing an object as repeated a certain number of times or as consisting of a certain number of parts, such as single, double (duplex), triple (treble), quadruple, quintuple, or twofold, threefold, fourfold, fivefold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending or having the power to multiply or increase in number or quantity or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.