from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having multiple valves (in any context)
- n. A multivalve mollusc
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any mollusk which has a shell composed of more than two pieces.
- adj. Having many valves.
- adj. Many-valved; having more than two valves; -- said of certain shells, as the chitons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having many valves. Formerly specifically applied
- n. A multivalve zoölogical shell.
multi- + valve (Wiktionary)