from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A toll paid to a miller, mill-owner etc. for grinding corn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The toll for grinding grain.
- n. A grist or grinding; the grain ground.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of grinding grain in a mill.
- n. The quantity of grain ground at one time; a grist.
- n. In Scots law, the toll or fee given, generally in kind, to the proprietor of a mill in return for the grinding of corn.
From Old French molture (modern mouture), from Medieval Latin molitura, from the past participle stem of molere ‘grind’. Compare mill. (Wiktionary)